Remove from List
If you are unable to uninstall a Software from Windows in Programs and Features, you can remove it from list by this procedure:
- Open Registry with regedit
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
- Export Uninstall to an file like Uninstall.backup.reg to backup your current settings
- Now serch in all subkeys for software wich should be deleted. The full name of software is stored in value "DisplayName"
- If subkey is found, delete the whole Node within Uninstall
If you could not find it and you are on a 64bit Windows, also search in:
If you want to reinstall your software but you get an message like "Program already installed", additionally remove
the registered installer from registry.
Follow instructions in Remove from List, but change path in registry to KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products.